From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: GNATBench : how can I install ?
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 02:46:10 +0100
Date: 2010-11-07T02:46:10+01:00	[thread overview]

Le Fri, 05 Nov 2010 05:08:12 +0100, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
<yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> a écrit:
> I've noticed CDT only has the debugging configuration pan (Hibachi had
> one). I did not test debugging (learned to do without).
>
> It handles file-name refactoring not so well as CDT does. Indeed, it
> does not handle this at all, and I get crashes when I did some test,
> like renaming an Ada file, an Ada project name, a GPR file, etc. It
> tries to rebuild a data-base, then crash and makes all Eclipse crash
> with it (it does not crash alone, I don't like that). So beware of file
> renaming.
Confirmed multiple times (not some erroneous operations on my own side).
If you want to rework the layout of an Ada project (move or rename GPR
file, move or rename folder), you should either
Option 1) Try to change the layout with “Build automatically uncheck”. If
something fails, try Option #2.
Option 2) Exit eclipse, and do it externally, then edit the file
“.gb_project” to update the GPR name/path and edit the GPR file to update
source names and paths.

Reason: if you move or rename the GPR file from within Eclipse, while
“Build automatically is on”, it will raise an error about a null pointer,
probably a failure while it tries to access the GPR file (seems the design
here is not safe). If to solve it, yf you want to update the GPR file
location in “Properties” -> “GNATBench Properties”, the whole Eclipse will
crash at the exact time you click on “GNATBench Properties”. If this
occurs, you have no chance to solve it from Eclipse, you would better edit
the “.gb_project” in the project directory.

If GNATBench encounters an error while running an external tool, like
gnatmetric or gnatpp, then it will leave some folders named “GNAT-aNNNN”
in the project directory. If you see some, you can safely remove these,
these are not required directories created by GNATBench, these are really
temporaries left there after a crash.

Except that boring instabilities that can probably be fixed in GNATBench,
this works fine (I mean, GNATBench is useful and helpful).

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.

“I am fluent in ASCII” [Warren 2010]