From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Concatenate enumeration
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 02:29:44 +0200
Date: 2010-10-26T02:29:44+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Fri, 22 Oct 2010 21:49:26 +0200, okellogg
<okellogg@users.sourceforge.net> a écrit:

> In
> https://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/33ce43bfeafb2681/237f979efee731d3,
> Randy Brukardt wrote:
>
>> "Robert A Duff" <bobd...@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote in message

>> > Extensible enumeration types were proposed for Ada 9X,
>> > but were dropped.
>>
>> And were proposed again for Ada 2005, and were dropped again. See
>> AI95-0261-1. I doubt it will ever be proposed again.
>
> I wonder why this has not been picked up - especially when looking at
> all the new features that are making it into Ada2012.
>
> Oliver
I remember I made the same request when I felt it would be nice to be able
to extend an enumeration in multiple client packages, just like the way
you can extend a tagged record with additional members. Otherwise, I had
to declare all items of the enumeration, including many ones which was
meaning nothing in the context of the root package, or else had to
simulate enumeration extension in a tedious and not clean way (with
incompatible types, awkward conversion based on 'Pos / 'Val, and the like).

--
Si les chats miaulent et font autant de vocalises bizarres, c’est pas pour
les chiens.