From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Bug rate and choice of programming language
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:45:35 +0200
Date: 2010-08-10T16:45:35+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:22:01 +0200, Maciej Sobczak
<see.my.homepage@gmail.com> a écrit:
> programming languages for safety critical systems with the conclusion
> that the choice of programming language has little impact on the
> resulting bug rate and what actually matters is the programmer's
> fluency in using it.
Seems it is viewed like a personal affair (it seems "The" centered as it
is expressed in the message)

OK, if he/she works alone, on something which will never be revisited by
others, will never be maintained by others, if nobody else will have to
understand what he/she did and he/she did so.

By the way, there is no need for public assessment in personal areas
(joking).

The question is also: what about collective works (a common case) or about
lonely works (a very common case) where the lonely author will have to
come back to what he/she did months or years later. I believe you may
already have read such a reply and there is nothing new in these words...
and there indeed may be a reason for that: practice and real life.

If you ask any one, with its favorite who-know-which in hand, even in
QBasic results may be good... for some time. If time or numerous other
people takes part, this is not the same story.

Disclaimer: replied on the basis of this sole post, as the document does
not seems to be available on-line (so could not read it).

--
There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.
--# check C and WhoKnowWhat and YouKnowWho;