From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Spark and the Ada numerics annex
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:09:24 +0200
Date: 2010-08-10T14:09:24+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:48:30 +0200, Ada novice <ycalleecharan@gmx.com> a
écrit:

> My interests are purely in Scientific numerical programming
SPARK will applies, it does not target a specific application area. While
you may feel it is less handy in some than in some others. If you ever
feel SPARK looks too much stupid for some package or method, then may just
hide it from SPARK and try to comment the best way ever possible too give
a proof that although not checked by SPARK, this "should be good".

> The good things about SPARK is that it helps to make checks and hence
> get the programming right. Is it recommended to use SPARK even for
> very simple programs?
Not only this is possible, this is also recommended in some way. The
smaller an application is, the less pain you will have to prove its
correctness. SPARK does not take part in a reification process (like
things would go with the B-method), so there is a lot of things which will
seems obvious to you; SPARK may not know right away about you application.
For this reason, this may be better to keep it simple. Don't forget you
can Hide if ever required.

procedure Your_Method
is
   --# hide Your_Method
   ... Your proses comes here ...
   ... Your informal comments proving you designed it right comes here ...
end Random;

Just don't abuse it.

--
There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.
--# check C and WhoKnowWhat and YouKnowWho;