From: "Albrecht Käfer" <albrecht_kaefer@yahoo.de>
Subject: Re: Trying to get A# set up (and failing)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 23:16:44 +0200
Date: 2010-05-19T23:16:44+02:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:58:09 +0200, digitig <digitig@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > But why don't you use GNAT-JVM available with the GPL Edition of GNAT.
>> > See download page athttp://libre.adacore.com
>> Of course I meant GNAT-dotnet and not GNAT-JVM above (Note that both are
>> available with the GPL compiler).
> I can't get that working either. When I try to install, it tells me
> that I need to install the .net SDK first. I've tried installing a
> couple of different versions of the .net SDK, but still get the same
> failure. So I'm back to my original question but with a different
> compiler: are there detailed installation instructions for this
> compiler somewhere, or can somebody give me step-by-step instructions?

GNAT.Net hasn't been able to install without issue since Visual Studio
2008 the appropriate SDK. However, there is a way to fool the installer:
Save the following in a .reg file, adjust the path if necessary and import.
For 32-bit Windows: http://pastebin.com/Mr4W5NQE
For 64-bit Windows: http://pastebin.com/RKD929jv
(make sure the file ends with a newline)

And now you should be able to install an almost usable GNAT.Net. Good luck.

Albrecht