From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Installing MinGW and testing it out I have a problem.
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 20:44:56 +0200
Date: 2010-05-20T20:44:56+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Thu, 20 May 2010 20:23:16 +0200, Harry Tucker
<harry.tucker@sbcglobal.net> a écrit:

> I've installed MinGW on a WIn 7 machine. I have GPL GNAT already
> installed. But trying to compile a project which compiles ok under the
> GPS I get this error from the command line: d:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/
> mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgnarl-4.5
>
> I looked at the GPL installation, it's copy of gnarl-2009 is in the
> bin directory as is the MinGW copy of gnarl-4.5.0 is in the MinGW\bin
> directory.
>
> My end goal is to get MSYS running so I can compile and use XMLAda.
Hello,

This may not give all the answers you could expect, however, here are some
hints : GNAT+GPS on Windows is already based on MinGW, so with a GNAT+GPS
installed and a MinGW installed, you have two different MinGW installed.

I have both two, and mostly use the “pure” MinGW and less oftenly
GNAT+GPS. To avoid troubles, as both are in the PATH, when I know I will
use one and not the other, I rename the directory containing the one I
will not used (ex. “GNAT” -> “GNAT disabled”, or “MinGW” -> “MinGW
disabled”). This solve some troubles.

Then, MinGW is based on GCC, and GCC on Window may *or may not* use the
Windows registry for its configuration, depending on one dedicated build
option. As much as you can, or if you are not afraid to build your own if
needed, try to use a MinGW with a GCC which does not make use of the
registry, in order to avoid conflicts.

I use MSys too, and the tip of renaming the directory containing the
compiler which is not to be used, works nice here. I can't ensure this
will work for you too, however, can you try and tell about the result ?

--
There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.