From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Gnat cross compiler
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:49:20 +0200
Date: 2010-05-20T17:49:20+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Thu, 20 May 2010 16:29:06 +0200, Alexis
<jose_alexis_paez_thurgood@hotmail.com> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I've spent some time trying to build a gcc Ada cross compiler for i686-
> elf target (well, a c,c++,ada compiler). I'm working on Windows with
> Cygwin 1.7 and gcc 4.3.4 binaries and sources. I'm following the
> procedure on: http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler#Step_1_-_Bootstrap
>
> So far GCC and libgcc have been built fine, but when I try to use i686-
> elf-gcc to compile an Ada program I get the following error:
>
> $ i686-elf-gcc -c hello.adb
> fatal error, run-time library not installed correctly
> cannot locate file system.ads
> compilation abandoned
>
> Thinking that this might solve the problem I've tried to build libada
> following the same procedure for libgcc (make all-target-libada), only
> to get multiple compilation errors such as (extract for a much larger
> log):

I could create one for Windows -> Linux (Windows -> Mac still pending),
using MinGW.

What I can say: there is a --with-sysroot option in the configuration. You
must care a lot about what is contained in the directory you pass as the
--with-sysroot option. There may also be troubles due to the differences
of the directory structure on Windows compared to the one of
Linux/UNIX-like... but I guess the latter should not be a trouble with
Cygwin.

I would like to advice to check twice all of what is related to sysroot or
to --includedir or --libdir, if you use these.

Cannot tell more, as this would be too much work otherwise (building a
cross compiler is really not a piece of cake)

Wish you to succeed

--
There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.