From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Basic questions about wordings in “Interfacing Pragmas”
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:15:19 +0100
Date: 2011-11-22T19:15:19+01:00	[thread overview]

Hi people there,

Some basic questions about some part of annexe B.1, Interfacing Pragmas.

> 9.1/1 For pragmas Import and Export, the argument for Link_Name shallnot
> be given without the pragma_argument_identifier unlessthe argument for
> External_Name is given.
What is that pragma_argument_identifier ? The Convention ?

In legality rules
> 18 T is an access-to-subprogram type, and its designated profile's
> parameter and result types are all L-compatible.
Why no similar wording for imported subprograms ? Was just forget or is
this missing on purpose ? (or I missed it?)

In notes at the bottom
> 46 5  The local_name in an interfacing pragma can denote more
> than one entity in the case of overloading. Such a pragma
> applies to all of the denoted entities.
Why not the same with types derived from a type with an interfacing pragma
?

Finally, what I was checking the RM for (related to the above), Static
Semantics
> 30 An interfacing pragma defines the convention of the entity denoted by
> the local_name.
So except if the type is tagged (as stated above), the convention is lost
for any derived type of subtypes (as all are not anymore denoted by the
same name the pragma was referring to) ?.

--
“Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colons.”  [Epigrams on
Programming — Alan J. — P. Yale University]