From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: License of that GNAT patch ?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 17:00:12 +0200
Date: 2011-10-05T17:00:12+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi all,

For some test, I wanted to use a Static_Predicate for a subtype (Ada
2012), but GNAT complained “file.adb:n:n: aspect identifier expected”. So
I searched the web for GNAT and Static_Predicate, and found this:

http://old.nabble.com/-Ada--Implement-new-aspects-Dynamic_Predicate-and-Static_Predicate-td32168561.html

Seems this patch must be applied in order to have GNAT to support
Static_Predicate and Dynamic_Predicate. However, the patch contains no
license information, and I would like to know how I should handle such a
case and any future similar cases. The GNAT compiler I use is one with the
GCC Runtime Exception, which I wish to preserve. Is a patch like this to
be considered part of runtime or not ? It is part of the compiler from
some point of view, but also supposed to drive generation of runtime code,
so I feel dubious.

I don't know Arnaud Charlet. Member of AdaCore staff ?

After that, may also have to seek for any other relevant patches, as it
seems there are some.

With thanks for any track

--
“Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colons.”  [Epigrams on
Programming — Alan J. — P. Yale University]