From: "Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: pragma Pure (Ada)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 00:54:28 +0200
Date: 2011-10-09T00:54:28+02:00	[thread overview]

Le Sat, 08 Oct 2011 03:37:53 +0200, Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com> a
écrit:
> So a special rule had to be added to make the language *prefer* the
> "universal access" equality function over any other function.
>
> Hope this helps,
Yes Adam, that help, but raise another question: the choice of the
anonymous access type operator is surprising to me. Why was the choice of
the more specific operator rejected ? I guess this may be because the
anonymous access type may not always be a valid parameter for the more
specific redefined operator of the named access type (ex. different
storage pool), but the choice of the least specific operator, is
counterintuitive, and unintuitive things may lead to bad surprised and
unexpected behavior (an an error at compile time is always preferable to
an unexpected behavior).

--
“Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colons.”  [Epigrams on
Programming — Alan J. — P. Yale University]