From: "Martin Krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: Ada to Ada Pragma Export/Import
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:49:34 +0300
Date: 2006-08-10T19:49:34+03:00	[thread overview]

Am 10.08.2006, 01:05 Uhr, schrieb AskeyAJ@gmail.com <AskeyAJ@gmail.com>:

> I need to deliver object files (coded in Ada) to another team who will
> access the public routines in their Ada code.  I cannot deliver the
> package bodies (but can deliver the object files, the specs, and the
> ALI files).  For example, suppose I want do deliver the hello_pkg.o and
> hello_pkg.ads from the code below.
>
> My assumption is that I need to export the Say_It procedure in the
> spec, and then the other team would need to import this procedure into
> their code.  Is this correct?  And what is the syntax required?  I've
> tried the following but can't figure it out.

If the procedure/type/etc. pp. is mentioned in the spec then simple export
is assumed and an explicit pragma is only needed when special - like C or
Fortran compatibility - is needed. So you don't need pragma Export and it
is better not to use it.

Apart from that you are on the right track

Martin
--
Martin Krischik
krischik@users.sourceforge.net