* Interesting discussion Ada vs Ruby on G-groups
@ 2008-04-15 14:11 melampus
From: melampus @ 2008-04-15 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

but using scripting languages for aviation and RT SW seems rather far
fetched
=> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/07f846a4942fb83e?hl=en

* Re: Interesting discussion Ada vs Ruby on G-groups
@ 2008-04-16  0:15 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2008-04-16  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

melampus wrote:
> but using scripting languages for aviation and RT SW seems rather far
> fetched
> => http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/07f846a4942fb83e?hl=en

Interesting. I often use Ruby or Python to make a point when asked why
we are not switching to C++ (from Ada). Since I eventually gave up on
thinking people could deal with rational answers, I usually respond with
'why would we switch to that dead end language (C++) that is rapidly
only becoming a DoD language. Everyone knows all the interesting
software is being done in Ruby now. You can't even get people that know
C++ anymore. Plus there are a lot of libraries available for ruby.'

Try it. It confuses people. For the people who don't really know
anything about software but think they do it tends to end the
conversation quickly and let me get back to work.