* RDF in Ada (new library released)
@ 2017-07-09 23:42 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2017-07-09 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raptor is a C library for working with RDF network data format (a library
capable of downloading, parsing, and serializing RDF resources).

I have added (thick, object oriented) Ada bindings for Raptor (but not
for Rasqal and Redland, for which I do not have time to work on).

See
https://github.com/vporton/redland-bindings/tree/ada2012/ada

Note that the target `make dist` does not work yet. So it is a Git
only distribution yet. We must get into Debian.

The API is not quite stable yet.

Test coverage is yet very partial.

I will probably write an article for Ada User Journal about how I did
it in an object oriented way.

It is a part of a big, ambitious open source project:
en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Automatic_transformation_of_XML_namespaces

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: RDF in Ada (new library released)
@ 2017-07-10 17:36 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2017-07-10 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nice!

* Re: RDF in Ada (new library released)
@ 2017-07-10 21:37 ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2017-07-10 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton wrote:
> Raptor is a C library for working with RDF network data format (a library
> capable of downloading, parsing, and serializing RDF resources).
>
> I have added (thick, object oriented) Ada bindings for Raptor (but not
> for Rasqal and Redland, for which I do not have time to work on).
>
> See
> https://github.com/vporton/redland-bindings/tree/ada2012/ada
>
> Note that the target `make dist` does not work yet. So it is a Git
> only distribution yet. We must get into Debian.
>
> The API is not quite stable yet.
>
> Test coverage is yet very partial.
>
> I will probably write an article for Ada User Journal about how I did
> it in an object oriented way.
>
> It is a part of a big, ambitious open source project:
> en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Automatic_transformation_of_XML_namespaces

I've just released a practically useful release of this library. However it
is not yet enough tested (there are some unit tests but they don't cover all
packages):

You can download from Git:

https://github.com/vporton/redland-bindings/tree/ada2012

I am going to work on getting this into Debian.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org