From: lyttlec <lyttlec@removegmail.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: MAX! home automation v1.9
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:22:43 -0400
Date: 2017-06-16T17:22:43-04:00	[thread overview]

On 06/16/2017 03:54 PM, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 2017-06-16 16:35, lyttlec wrote:
>> On 04/19/2017 12:30 PM, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>>> The software is an Ada GUI application to control wireless radiator
>>> thermostats produced under brands MAX! and ELV.
>>>
>>>     http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/max_home_automation.htm
>>>
>>> Changes to the previous version:
>>>
>>> - MQTT on WebSocket support added;
>>> - The MQTT server's topic names have the leading '/' removed because
>>> some MQTT clients reported having troubles with names starting with '/';
>>> - When controlled over HTTP or MQTT the target temperature can be
>>> specified to be airing, comfort, and eco according to the thermostat
>>> settings;
>>> - The thermostat address can be omitted when in control commands over
>>> HTTP or MQTT. In this case the command applies to all thermostats;
>>> - HTTP access control (CORS) support added;
>>> - HTTP server JSONP support added.
>>>
>> I'm just getting back into Ada. In order to get some experience with
>> gnat-gps, I tried to build max_home_automation. This gives an error
>> "apq.ads not found" for apq_keys.ads.  What am I missing?
>
> You should use the GPR project file (max_home_automation.gpr). APQ is
> referenced in some source files irrelevant to this project. It seems
> that you just compile every source file in there. That will not work.
>
> Also you should set project scenario variables to match your target.
> Then there must be GtkAda + GTK3 developing installed. Additionally
> under Linux, unixODBC developing package must be installed.

Thanks for the reply.
I have unixodbc, unixodbc-dev, unixodbc-bin installed.
I also have libgtk-3-dev, libgtkada3.14, libgtkada3.14-dev,
libgnatcoll-gtk3.17
I started the project with :
   gnat-gps max_home_automation.gpr &
and then selected
   Build->Project->Build All
Under the Scenario tab, the list is empty. The target is the laptop used
for the build: amd 64-bit Ubuntu 17.04
I do have the environment variable ADA_INCLUDE_PATH set to the paths to
the max source and to /usr/share/ada/adainclude/gtkada