* [OT]
@ 2005-08-20  6:36   ` Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-08-20  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Knoth wrote:

> BTW: your postings sucks pretty much: no valid From, non-unique
>      message-ID (no fqdn). Perhaps you can correct this.

Could someone explain what he is talking about here?
I am afraid I don't know.

* Re: [OT]
@ 2005-08-20 12:58     ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2005-08-20 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <tbANe.159$Vg7.100@trnddc06>, Randy <abuse@127.0.0.1> writes:
> Adrian Knoth wrote:

>> BTW: your postings sucks pretty much: no valid From, non-unique
>>      message-ID (no fqdn). Perhaps you can correct this.
>
> Could someone explain what he is talking about here?
> I am afraid I don't know.

Sometimes I help to interpret, but not when the person being unclear
cannot bother to use civil language.

* Re: [OT]
@ 2005-08-20 19:48       ` Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-08-20 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> In article <tbANe.159$Vg7.100@trnddc06>, Randy <abuse@127.0.0.1> writes:
>
>>Adrian Knoth wrote:
>

>>>BTW: your postings sucks pretty much: no valid From, non-unique
>>>     message-ID (no fqdn). Perhaps you can correct this.
>>
>>Could someone explain what he is talking about here?
>>I am afraid I don't know.
>

> Sometimes I help to interpret, but not when the person being unclear
> cannot bother to use civil language.

Yes, I hear you.  I thought he was quite rude for no reason.
I just don't know if he even has a valid point.
I'm wondering why he was looking at the header instead of the message.
Maybe he is some hacker looking for a person's ID to steal.  Who knows.

* Re: [OT]
@ 2005-08-20 20:25         ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2005-08-20 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>>>Could someone explain what he is talking about here?
>>>I am afraid I don't know.
>> Sometimes I help to interpret, but not when the person being unclear
>> cannot bother to use civil language.
> Yes, I hear you.  I thought he was quite rude for no reason.

I'm sorry, I never intended to be rude. I'm not a native speaker
and I don't know that "sucks" is so negative. My intention was
to only state that there are some points which could be improved.

Though I prefer complete From-lines and especially a valid
reply-to-address (which would let me tell all those things by
mail instead of disturbing the audience with it), the real
point to critizize is the violation of RFC850.

I think you're completely new to usenet so I guess you don't
know what I'm talking about. Actually it isn't even your fault,
your software is doing wrong.

If you read <http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc850.html> and especially
2.1.7 you'll see that your message-id *must* contain a real
domain name. Yours (trnddc03) isn't sufficient.

The sense of putting a valid domain name there is to guarantee
the uniqueness of message-ids. That's important to identify
every single posting all over the world. Any collision would
break the primary key property. It's like two persons sharing the
same name: you're always getting into trouble when referring
to one of them ;)

> I'm wondering why he was looking at the header instead of
> the message. Maybe he is some hacker looking for a person's
> ID to steal.  Who knows.

You're kidding?

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Man kann gar nicht so viel essen wie man kotzen m�chte!

* Re: [OT]
@ 2005-08-20 22:44           ` Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-08-20 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Though I prefer complete From-lines and especially a valid
> reply-to-address (which would let me tell all those things by
> mail instead of disturbing the audience with it), the real
> point to critizize is the violation of RFC850.
>
> I think you're completely new to usenet so I guess you don't
> know what I'm talking about. Actually it isn't even your fault,
> your software is doing wrong.

OK Mozilla, Thunderbird and outlook express all do the same thing.  I am
guessing that my mail programs either are all "in violation" or that my ISP
makes up the message ID.  Either way it seems to be out of my hands.

* [OT]
       [not found] <0f8a815a-018f-4968-84d2-3ae1bad17175@googlegroups.com>
@ 2017-05-31 14:51 ` Mr. Man-wai Chang
From: Mr. Man-wai Chang @ 2017-05-31 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31/5/2017 1:42 AM, aminer68@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is my new arab poem in english and in french:
> Please read it carefully:
> https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/my-poem
> Please read it listening at the same time at this beautiful music of
> Vangelis, to be more beautiful:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55SVonv-sio

Do you feel your mind controlled by ISIS? :)

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!