From: Rich <rich@example.invalid>
Subject: Re: Large Integer Overflow - Causing a Bottleneck - Any solution.
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:29:55 -0000 (UTC)
Date: 2017-05-03T16:29:55+00:00	[thread overview]

Luke A. Guest <laguest@archeia.com> wrote:
> Rich <rich@example.invalid> wrote:
>> Austin Obyrne <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am using a very old Ada compiler (gnat 311.p) ...
>>> Your usual help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Note that the OP is a crank [1] who inhabits sci.crypt, so beyond
>> simply stating the obvious of "upgrade your compiler" it is best to
>> otherwise ignore him here.
>
> I always envisioned him as sitting in a room clad with tin foil with a
> colander strapped to his head to ward off the aliens.

While that is a very apt. description, and very well may be the case,
he also *very* much fits the definition of a crank.  He holds
"unshakable beliefs" regarding cryptography and his created "ciphers" that
are all his own, and no amount of evidence to the contrary will disuade
him from those beliefs.