From: dirk@feles.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest)
Subject: Re: 2nd CfP Ada-Europe 2017 Conference, Vienna, Austria
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 21:50:24 -0000 (UTC)
Date: 2016-12-13T21:50:24+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <o2kdjg$am6$1@dont-email.me>,
Alejandro R. Mosteo <alejandro@mosteo.com> wrote:
> I will take this opportunity to point out that, according to this search:
> http://portal.core.edu.au/conf-ranks/?search=reliable+software&by=all&source=CORE2014&sort=atitle&page=1
> there are two hits, Ada-Europe being CORE B. Are these really two
> different conferences? It has been like this since I started tracking
> Ada conferences around 2006.
[...]
> Title
> Acronym	Source  	Rank  	Changed FoR
> Ada-Europe International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies
> EuAda 	CORE2014	B	No	0803
> International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies
> RST   	CORE2014	A	No	0803

Thanks for the comment.

It is indeed the case that the CORE list has two entries for
Ada-Europe's International Conference on Reliable Software
Technologies, an older one under the "Acronym" "EuAda", and a more
recent one under "RST" (though neither is an official acronym for
our conferences).

The reason for the different ranking of the two entries is difficult
to discern other than for a possible prejudice on the sponsoring
organization.

To any rate, the official CORE ranking to which our conference is
attached, as retained in national listings worldwide, continues to
be A.  For your information, the lowest non-CORE ranking that other
listings suggest for our conference is in the category "event of
good quality".

A few years back we notified the entity behind CORE about the
inconsistent duplication, to no effect, as the whole list is being
revisited and not maintained in the meanwhile.

When a renewed ranking will be published we will reflect it in our
publicity material accordingly.

The Ada-Europe Board
board@ada-europe.org