From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: gtkada installation problem
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 21:36:35 +0100
Date: 2016-11-23T21:36:35+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2016-11-23 20:03, Adam Jensen wrote:
> On 11/23/2016 03:52 AM, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> [snip]
>> I vaguely remember something like that. I believe I did "ln -s" from
>> gnatmake to gprbuild. It is also possible to install gprbuild from
>> another version. Sometimes that works too.
>
> gprbuild is available on this system. I suspect something is broken in
> how the doinstall script or it expects information from the environment
> that isn't setup correctly.

AFAIK the script creates a small test program and test project and then
runs gprbuild on it. Does this work when you do it manually, e.g.
hello_world.adb + hello_world.gpr?

[...]
> # Success, it would seem...

I package GtkAda because I want to have it at usual places, conform to
the corresponding Linux distribution's policy, rather than under /opt/...

Normally I do this and wait until the official packages catch up.
Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it never happen, e.g. for CentOS.

It would be nice if AdaCore packaged GPLed GtkAda...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov