* About A# and .Net
@ 2016-11-18 19:11 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2016-11-18 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am both an Ada programmer and a Web (PHP, Python, and Perl) programmer.

Is it worth to study .Net (I am on Linux, so Mono instead) and A# and do Web
programming in Ada?

I know nothing about .Net. I am not sure if it is good enough and whether it
is worth to study it. So I ask for your advice.

Also, is it possible to install A# on a Linux PC?

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: About A# and .Net
@ 2016-11-19 11:30 ` Jeremiah
From: Jeremiah @ 2016-11-19 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 2:11:21 PM UTC-5, Victor Porton wrote:
> I am both an Ada programmer and a Web (PHP, Python, and Perl) programmer.
>
> Is it worth to study .Net (I am on Linux, so Mono instead) and A# and do Web
> programming in Ada?
>
> I know nothing about .Net. I am not sure if it is good enough and whether it
> is worth to study it. So I ask for your advice.
>
> Also, is it possible to install A# on a Linux PC?
>
> --
> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

You actually might want to check out Gnoga, a fairly new library that interfaces with web technology and works with standard Ada:

http://www.gnoga.com/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnoga/

* Re: About A# and .Net
@ 2017-01-31  8:19 ` leonid.dulman
From: leonid.dulman @ 2017-01-31  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 9:11:21 PM UTC+2, Victor Porton wrote:
> I am both an Ada programmer and a Web (PHP, Python, and Perl) programmer.
>
> Is it worth to study .Net (I am on Linux, so Mono instead) and A# and do Web
> programming in Ada?
>
> I know nothing about .Net. I am not sure if it is good enough and whether it
> is worth to study it. So I ask for your advice.
>
> Also, is it possible to install A# on a Linux PC?
>
> --
> Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

You can use Qt5ADA it supports WEB,HTTPSERVER,TCP server,NET and many othrs thiks