From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Cygwin grpbuild problems
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 09:25:41 +0200
Date: 2016-10-17T09:25:41+02:00	[thread overview]

On 17/10/2016 08:18, Maciej Sobczak wrote:

> I tried to compile an older project of mine on Cygwin with GNAT 5.4.0.
> I got the folliwing two messages:
>
>     no languages defined for this project
>     warning: libraries are not supported on this platform
>
> (note: no shared libraries are involved, only static ones)
> I was able to find these two messages mentioned in discussion forums
> in relation to other projects and to other platforms, but no obvious
> solutions was proposed there.
> Did anybody found the same problem on Cygwin?

Not with Cygwin but pretty frequently gprbuild cannot find Ada compiler
which leads to such confusing messages.

Sometimes it can be healed using gprconfig. In some cases by passing a
configuration file to gprbuild.

I was a big fan of

    ln -s /usr/bin/gnatmake /usr/bin/gprbuild

(:-)) Unfortunately this method does not always work.

BTW, gprbuild (rather GNAT hash tables it uses) has a bug which causes
Constraint_Error in namet.adb while parsing project file. If you run
into this, then only gnatmake helps.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov