* is it normal to have installed gtkada, but still to need to tell GPS where to look for it when it bumps on "with GTK;" ?
@ 2016-10-01 20:35 mehdi saada
From: mehdi saada @ 2016-10-01 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I create a new project through the template "Hello world gtk", the source files of the gtkada librairies pop up in the project listing.
When I create a simple new project with a folder including all the files I need, compilation seems to work... until it reaches "with GTK". That project should use gtk as well. I didn't configurate GPS since the installation: Shall I ? How do I say it where to look for the GTK librairies ? Is it a normal behaviour ?

Thanks, Mehdi

* Re: is it normal to have installed gtkada, but still to need to tell GPS where to look for it when it bumps on "with GTK;" ?
@ 2016-10-01 22:08 ` Aurele
From: Aurele @ 2016-10-01 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but while in GPS, try the menu "Project/Properties..." then then go to the "Source/Directories" tab, and press "Add" to include the location of the GTK 'SOURCE' directory.  Hope this helps o/

@ 2016-10-02  6:39 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2016-10-02  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-10-01 22:35, mehdi saada wrote:

> When I create a simple new project with a folder including all the
> files I need, compilation seems to work... until it reaches "with GTK".

with "gtkada.gpr" you mean?

> That project should use gtk as well. I didn't configurate GPS since the
> installation: Shall I ?

You need no GPS in order to use GtkAda.

> How do I say it where to look for the GTK librairies ?

The project file of GtkAda (e.g. c:\gtkada\lib\gnat\gtkada.gpr) does
this. [Older version had gtkada-config script that output include
directory and libraries in the form usable for gnatmake. AFAIK that was
ditched in newer versions for the sake gprbuild.]

> Is it a normal behaviour ?

Not when GtkAda is properly installed.

--
Regards,