From: Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: GNAT GPL Edition for 8Bit AVR microcontrollers
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 19:51:11 +0300
Date: 2016-09-07T19:51:11+03:00	[thread overview]

7.9.2016, 13.28, rrr.eee.27@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 11:30:50 PM UTC+2,
> jordanl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am currently working on a Project that involves programming a
>> device (using ATmega328P) using the Ada programming language as
>> well as SPARK Tools or Ravenscar profiles if possible to verify
>> and validate the software.
>>
>> Here is my question:
>>
>> What version of GNAT must be used for full compatibility of AVR,
>> what other tools are required for a smooth Achievement?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> The last published version of AVR-Ada was for gcc-4.7. I updated the
> GIT repository for gcc-4.9 and I have a half baked version for
> gcc-5.3 on my computer. I am not sure if I find the energy to update
> AVR-Ada for gcc-6, there must be some demand and it could be yours.
> best regards RE

Getting back to AVR-Ada development has been my plan also. I have just
been on a sidetrack and played with Arduino Zero (it has ARM-based MCU,
Atmel SAMD21) and C code [1,2].

Meanwhile, you can find some AVR-Ada tips from my Arduino blog at
http://arduino.ada-language.com/

Yours,
  Tero

[1] https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/samd2x-peripheral-library/