* Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-26 10:13 Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2006-02-26 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just ordered my copy.

John is clearly far too modest to advertise here, so I'll just pass on
this link :-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321340787/ref=br_lf_b_8/203-8725360-1116746

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-26 10:34 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2006-02-26 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Dowie

Martin Dowie a �crit :
> I've just ordered my copy.

Thanks Martin, I'll order it very soon too.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-28  0:18 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-02-28  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> I've just ordered my copy.
>
> John is clearly far too modest to advertise here, so I'll just pass on
> this link :-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321340787/ref=br_lf_b_8/203-872536
0-1116746

Gee, John told me last week that he didn't have the publishing details yet
(which is why the Ada 2005 section of
http://www.adaic.com/learn/textbook.html is empty). How did you find it out
before he did?? :-)

                           Randy.

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-28  6:53   ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2006-02-28  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Brukardt wrote:
> "Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> I've just ordered my copy.
>>
>> John is clearly far too modest to advertise here, so I'll just pass on
>> this link :-)
>>

> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321340787/ref=br_lf_b_8/203-872536
> 0-1116746
>
> Gee, John told me last week that he didn't have the publishing details yet
> (which is why the Ada 2005 section of
> http://www.adaic.com/learn/textbook.html is empty). How did you find it out
> before he did?? :-)

The _really_ sad answer to that is I was having to buy some C++ books
for my new job, so I just had a quick look to see if there were any new
Ada books at the same time :-(

It seems there are no Ada jobs in Edinburgh anymore. 10 years ago there
would have been 100+.

By the way, Amazon are advertising a 30th June 2006 release date, but
the AdaIC site is listing an April 2006 - is that the release date in
the USA?

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-28 12:12     ` Simon Clubley
From: Simon Clubley @ 2006-02-28 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <du0s1k$khl$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Martin Dowie <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> writes:

> The _really_ sad answer to that is I was having to buy some C++ books
> for my new job, so I just had a quick look to see if there were any new
> Ada books at the same time :-(
>
> It seems there are no Ada jobs in Edinburgh anymore. 10 years ago there
> would have been 100+.

The Ada job market in the UK does appear to be non-existant.

I've long since regarded Ada as something that I'm only going to be able to
use on personal projects, and not something that I will be able to use
in a work environment.

Simon.

If Google's motto is "do no wrong", then how did we get Google Groups 2 ?

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-28 12:19       ` Rod Chapman
From: Rod Chapman @ 2006-02-28 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Clubley wrote:
> In article <du0s1k$khl$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Martin Dowie <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> writes:
> The Ada job market in the UK does appear to be non-existant.

You can't be looking very hard! :-)

We have just gone through a significant phase of recruitment to support
a large,
new development, most of which will be Ada.  I could also name a dozen
or so
very active SPARK projects in the UK...
 - Rod

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-28 12:38         ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2006-02-28 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rod Chapman wrote:
> Simon Clubley wrote:
>> In article <du0s1k$khl$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Martin Dowie <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> writes:
>> The Ada job market in the UK does appear to be non-existant.
>
> You can't be looking very hard! :-)

I looked very, very hard in Edinburgh :-)

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-02-28 22:32     ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-02-28 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> By the way, Amazon are advertising a 30th June 2006 release date, but
> the AdaIC site is listing an April 2006 - is that the release date in
> the USA?

I used the date on the publisher's website (follow the link on the Adaic
page). (That was March 30th). John sent me a cryptic note this morning that
seems to imply that date is wrong. Hopefully, I'll find out the real
answer...

                   Randy.

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-03-02  8:21 ` Barbara Barnes
From: Barbara Barnes @ 2006-03-02  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> I've just ordered my copy.
>
> John is clearly far too modest to advertise here, so I'll just pass on
> this link :-)
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321340787/ref=br_lf_b_8/203-8725360-1116746

Here is a bit more info. It is nearly done (index to be done still). At

@ 2006-03-02 20:51   ` Björn Persson
From: Björn Persson @ 2006-03-02 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Barbara Barnes wrote:
>Incidentally, looking at the above link to Amazon and then clicking on
>"Other books by the same author" brings up a whole lot of stuff I didn't
>write!  Pointers are dodgy!

I wondered about that. :-)

--
Bj�rn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.

* Re: Programming in Ada 2005 book
@ 2006-03-03  7:55   ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2006-03-03  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Incidentally, looking at the above link to Amazon and then clicking on
>> "Other books by the same author" brings up a whole lot of stuff I didn't
>> write!  Pointers are dodgy!

And they spread like fire, as someone uses to say :-)

            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)