From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: How do I get an enctry in a protected object to block until a certain item arrives from a producer task?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 12:26:22 +0200
Date: 2016-08-24T12:26:22+02:00	[thread overview]

On 24/08/2016 11:49, Mark Lorenzen wrote:

> I have noticed that you often refer to named patterns in discussions
> here on c.l.a. Can you recommend a good reference for patterns?

I cannot. There are lots of resources on software patterns, but in my
opinion if a pattern is not self-evident, e,g. MVC, it is useless. Most
patterns are too obscured or too specific to be worth studying. Except
maybe for language designers, because all more or less elaborated
patterns are results of language weaknesses. But then it must be Ada
[anti-]patterns:

    elsif X in T'Class -- Ada designers, please fix this mess!
       declare
          Object : T'Class renames T'Class (X);
       end;
    elsif