* GeoTIFF (TIFF) binding for Ada?
@ 2013-01-28 10:28 mockturtle
From: mockturtle @ 2013-01-28 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear.all,
I need to be able to read the tags in a GeoTIFF file from Ada.  On the GeoTIFF page (http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/) I found few libraries

  GDAL       : (C++) http://www.gdal.org/
  libgeotiff : (C)   http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/api/index.html
  libtiff    :       http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/

so I could write a binding for then, but before starting working I wanted to check if there was something ready.

Do you know if there is

  1. An Ada binding for libgeotiff/GDAL/libtiff?
  2. An Ada library for reading GeoTIFF tags?
  3. An Ada library for reading TIFF tags? (GeoTIFF images are just TIFF images with a special set of tags, so that any TIFF-capable library would work)

Thank you

Riccardo

* Re: GeoTIFF (TIFF) binding for Ada?
@ 2013-01-28 11:39 ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2013-01-28 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <f8f9b287-b4cc-4a5a-a4a9-f6e4ad80fe96@googlegroups.com>,
 mockturtle <framefritti@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to be able to read the tags in a GeoTIFF file from Ada.  On
> the GeoTIFF page (http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/) I found few
> libraries
>
>   GDAL       : (C++) http://www.gdal.org/
>   libgeotiff : (C)   http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/api/index.html
>   libtiff    :       http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/
>
> so I could write a binding for then, but before starting working I
> wanted to check if there was something ready.
>
> Do you know if there is
>
>   1. An Ada binding for libgeotiff/GDAL/libtiff?
>   2. An Ada library for reading GeoTIFF tags?
>   3. An Ada library for reading TIFF tags? (GeoTIFF images are just
>   TIFF images with a special set of tags, so that any TIFF-capable
>   library would work)

Indirectly, Ossim, <http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/>, includes Ossim_Ada,
<http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/browser/trunk/ossim_contrib/Ossim_Ada>,
which exposes an Ossim.Connectable.Source.Image.Handler.TiffTileSource.

I've not examined the tags directly.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com