From: "John B. Matthews" <nospam@nospam.com>
Subject: Re: Character set conversion
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:17:00 GMT
Date: 2005-08-02T16:17:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article
<deb1f04734da62ea193e591ae9da7ce1@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com>,
 "Adaddict" <adaddict@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'm looking for an Ada package that could provide me functions to convert
> strings from one to another character set, for example from Windows to
> MSDOS or to Unicode. Does that even exist? I've been looking everywhere
> but haven't found anything.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Kind regards.

Pascal Pignard has worked on this for Mac OS X mappings:

<http://perso.wanadoo.fr/blady/creations.html#ada-text-io>

An English readme is included in the tar file:

<http://perso.wanadoo.fr/blady/telechargements/text-io/text-io.tgz>

If you roll your own, mappings are here:

<http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/>

--
John
jmatthews at wright dot edu