From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Character set conversion
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:45:27 +0200
Date: 2005-08-02T11:45:25+02:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:57:42 -0400, Adaddict wrote:

> I'm looking for an Ada package that could provide me functions to convert
> strings from one to another character set, for example from Windows to
> MSDOS or to Unicode. Does that even exist? I've been looking everywhere
> but haven't found anything.

It is not clear what you actually need.

Windows Unicode = Wide_Character in Ada. So to convert Latin-1 (=Ada
String) to UCS-2 (=Ada Wide_String) you need just To_Wide_String (from
Ada.Characters.Handling.) [ If UTF-8 encoding is what you are looking for,
see http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/strings_edit.htm ]

As for MS-DOS character set, what do you mean by that, graphical
characters? I'm not sure if they are present in Unicode. Anyway, as others
have noted, Translate might be useful for you.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov