From: "John B. Matthews" <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: ANN: Strings Edit for Ada v 2.3
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:01:47 -0500
Date: 2009-11-15T14:01:47-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <2c4i8eb22tge.1je96cmdg7ce.dlg@40tude.net>,
 "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:

> Provides string editing:
>
> 1. Integer numbers (generic, package Integer_Edit);
> 2. Integer sub- and superscript numbers;
> 3. Floating-point numbers (generic, package Float_Edit);
> 4. Roman numbers (the type Roman);
> 5. Strings;
> 6. Ada-style quoted strings;
> 7. UTF-8 encoded strings;
> 8. Unicode maps and sets;
> 9. Wildcard pattern matching.
>
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/strings_edit.htm
>
> Changes to the previous version:
>
> 1. An implementation of string streams was added.

Thank you for this instructive addition to your library and your
generous license terms. The tests ran correctly using GNAT 4.3.4 (FSF)
on Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Permit me to ask two questions: Would it be useful to a add a line to
the file test_strings_edit/readme_strings_edit.txt for the stream test?
For example,

gnatmake -I../ test_string_streams.adb

Regarding the cautionary note in section 10 of the documentation, would
it be correct to interpret the warning as "this implementation requires
that Stream_Element'Size be a multiple of Character'Size and that the
latter be a multiple of Storage_Element'Size."

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com