* Question: Re Copying Program Files.
@ 2012-03-17 12:40 adacrypt
From: adacrypt @ 2012-03-17 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I often need to copy entire cipher programs from one directory to
another.  I sometimes, if I have the time, open each Ada-95  case
statement package separately, compile, build it and save it to the new
directory - just being extra careful..

Other times I copy and paste entire case statement packages directly
from the first directory to the second.

I’m finding that the volume of the second directory is much greater on
completion using the copy and paste method than if I carefully open,
compile, build and save the packages to the second directory as the
alternative to copy ‘n paste.

Does this make sense or not.

I am not happy about the increase in volume.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- adacrypt

* Re: Question: Re Copying Program Files.
@ 2012-03-18  1:27 ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2012-03-18  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<37543f2b-2612-422d-8f77-4a55de1322a7@z31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com>,
 adacrypt <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I often need to copy entire cipher programs from one directory to
> another.  I sometimes, if I have the time, open each Ada-95  case
> statement package separately, compile, build it and save it to the
> new directory - just being extra careful..
>
> Other times I copy and paste entire case statement packages directly
> from the first directory to the second.
>
> I’m finding that the volume of the second directory is much greater
> on completion using the copy and paste method than if I carefully
> open, compile, build and save the packages to the second directory as
> the alternative to copy ‘n paste.
>
> Does this make sense or not.
>
> I am not happy about the increase in volume.
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Just guessing: version control metadata?

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com