* Where can I find GTKADA tutorials?
@ 2011-09-27  0:10 Sunny
From: Sunny @ 2011-09-27  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All!
Can anyone tell me where could get some GtkAda tutorials? I only have
GtkAda User's Guide and GtkAda RM. But I want to get some tutorials
about GtkAda in details, including samples and other things. Could you
give me some links or send it to me if you have tutorials about this,
please? Thanks All! God bless you!

Sun

* Re: Where can I find GTKADA tutorials?
@ 2011-09-27  2:53 ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2011-09-27  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<2b202e0f-907a-4bdc-8514-a3a145ecea8c@i28g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

Cross-posted here <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7562782>.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

* Re: Where can I find GTKADA tutorials?
@ 2011-09-27  7:31 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2011-09-27  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:10:08 -0700 (PDT), Sunny wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where could get some GtkAda tutorials? I only have
> GtkAda User's Guide and GtkAda RM. But I want to get some tutorials
> about GtkAda in details, including samples and other things. Could you
> give me some links or send it to me if you have tutorials about this,
> please?

Some simple samples are under

   http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Rosetta_Code

in the corresponding GUI tasks.

Gtk tutorials are here:

   http://www.gtk.org/documentation.php

Note that GtkAda is thin bindings and to figure out what to do, you just
read Gtk documentation.

The new version of GtkAda RM on AdaCore site is awful. Try to find the old
one, there is not that many changes.

For complex stuff, e.g. tree view, custom renderers and stores, GIO
interfacing, tasking, there is also some, but you should learn the basic
stuff first.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov