From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: How to kill GNAT DLL initialization?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 21:05:25 +0200
Date: 2016-08-13T21:05:25+02:00	[thread overview]

On 2016-08-13 10:59, ahlan.marriott@gmail.com wrote:
> Although I wonder what you are doing that requires you to disable the
> library auto init.

Whatever that calls Lock_RTS during initialization.

> We don't for any of our DLLs almost all of which create and use
> tasks  although not from the dll_Main nor during elaboration.

As I said, it is required but not sufficient. It would be nice if
AdaCore provided a full list. If you want to know, you must scan all RTS
files for calls to Lock_RTS and see if any of the subprograms doing this
is called from b__libnameinit.

Even better, they should make Windows gnatbind fail when the
initialization procedure it generates will freeze. It is clearly a bug
to me.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov