From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: ANN: Ada/SPARK ASN.1 implementation version 0.0.01
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 10:51:47 +0200
Date: 2016-08-01T10:51:47+02:00	[thread overview]

On 2016-08-01 10:15, Shark8 wrote:
> I'm making public my ASN.1 project which aims to be a verified
> implementation of ASN.1, which is used in security-certificates, which
> is hopefully the first step in a verified-TLS/-TLS -- the project also
> aims to be [directly] usable in DSA projects.
>
> As of 0.0.01 the only portion implemented is a pure big-number
> package, and another currently shared-passive unit for usability.
>
> I would certainly appropriate comments, criticism, and most
> especially  contributions.

I am interested in the TLS interface outline. Specifically, in how easy
it would be to integrate into a non-blocking socket-I/O driven architecture.

That means the TLS layer should write no more data than the output
buffer length, while keeping its internal state to continue when the
buffer becomes available, and the layer is called again.

Same when reading data from the input buffer, data get available in
chunks of arbitrary size. If the layer expects more data, it must return
to the caller, again, keeping internal state.

This certainly would have impact on the implementation.

P.S. Simple Components presently use GNUTLS for HTTPS, SMTP, MQTT. It
would be great to have a native Ada TLS instead.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov