* Where can I get help with GPS?
@ 2011-03-03  3:09 KK6GM
From: KK6GM @ 2011-03-03  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

GPL edition 4.4.1, that is.  My problem is that on two separate
laptops (an HP and a Toshiba) the mousepad scroll function does not
work (and it does work with every other program, naturally).  I'm
hoping that this is just some configuration switch, but I haven't
found any info so I'm wondering where I might seek some help on this,
because GPS is near useless without easy scrolling.  Thanks.

* Re: Where can I get help with GPS?
@ 2011-03-03  8:04 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2011-03-03  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 19:09:37 -0800 (PST), KK6GM wrote:

> GPL edition 4.4.1, that is.  My problem is that on two separate
> laptops (an HP and a Toshiba) the mousepad scroll function does not
> work (and it does work with every other program, naturally).  I'm
> hoping that this is just some configuration switch, but I haven't
> found any info so I'm wondering where I might seek some help on this,
> because GPS is near useless without easy scrolling.  Thanks.

Most likely it has nothing to do with the GPS. You have to check your GTK
installation and the mouse driver.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Where can I get help with GPS?
@ 2011-03-04  2:23   ` KK6GM
From: KK6GM @ 2011-03-04  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 3, 12:04 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 19:09:37 -0800 (PST), KK6GM wrote:
> > GPL edition 4.4.1, that is.  My problem is that on two separate
> > laptops (an HP and a Toshiba) the mousepad scroll function does not
> > work (and it does work with every other program, naturally).  I'm
> > hoping that this is just some configuration switch, but I haven't
> > found any info so I'm wondering where I might seek some help on this,
> > because GPS is near useless without easy scrolling.  Thanks.
>
> Most likely it has nothing to do with the GPS.

Certainly possible (but two different machines from two different
manufacturers?)

> You have to check your GTK installation and the mouse driver.

I wouldn't even know where to begin or what to check.  I suppose
that's the essence of my question.  Who can I ask?  Where can I go to
get some guidance?

* Re: Where can I get help with GPS?
@ 2011-03-04  6:57     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-03-04  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

KK6GM writes on comp.lang.ada:
> On Mar 3, 12:04 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 19:09:37 -0800 (PST), KK6GM wrote:
>> > GPL edition 4.4.1, that is.  My problem is that on two separate
>> > laptops (an HP and a Toshiba) the mousepad scroll function does not
>> > work (and it does work with every other program, naturally).  I'm
>> > hoping that this is just some configuration switch, but I haven't
>> > found any info so I'm wondering where I might seek some help on this,
>> > because GPS is near useless without easy scrolling.  Thanks.
>>
>> Most likely it has nothing to do with the GPS.
>
> Certainly possible (but two different machines from two different
> manufacturers?)
>
>> You have to check your GTK installation and the mouse driver.
>
> I wouldn't even know where to begin or what to check.  I suppose
> that's the essence of my question.  Who can I ask?  Where can I go to
> get some guidance?

You can always ask questions here on comp.lang.ada.  If nobody here can
help, you can then turn to the gps-users@lists.adacore.com mailing list,
see http://lists.adacore.com.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Where can I get help with GPS?
@ 2011-03-04  8:21     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2011-03-04  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:23:38 -0800 (PST), KK6GM wrote:

>> You have to check your GTK installation and the mouse driver.
>
> I wouldn't even know where to begin or what to check.

Check the PATH variable for the GTK binaries there. You should have GPS's
GTK, and possibly several others, like one from the GIMP distribution
(e.g.C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\bin), or one from GtkAda distribution. Try
to play with the order of these binaries. I am usually use the binaries
from GIMP, because the GPS ones are a bit outdated.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov