From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Help Needed - Telesoft Telegen 3.2.5 expert VAX/VMS
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:34:29 -0700
Date: 2016-06-16T12:34:29-07:00	[thread overview]

On 06/16/2016 10:57 AM, Simon Clubley wrote:

> There's a few of us over there who know Ada but whether the others know
> the toolkit you are using is another matter. (I have no knowledge of it).

I also have no help to offer the OP, but if he is unsuccessful, he might be able
to use a different compiler. I recall TLD, Tartan, Intermetrics, GNAT, XD, and
XGC compilers for the 1750A. Tartan's Ada compilers were obtained by DDC-I, and
Intermetrics ended up absorbed by AdaCore. AdaCore doesn't claim to support the
1750A on its web site, so GNAT might have been an unofficial port. I don't know
about the availability of any of those, but they might be an option.

The 1750A was often used when radiation hardening is needed. I recall the RH32,
and this paper dated 2012

http://webee.technion.ac.il/~ran/papers/SurveySpaceProcessors.DASIA2012.pdf

lists a number of other RH processors and equivalents. It also seems that
current practice is to use redundant non-RH COTS processors or RH-By-Design
processors, which achieve similar tolerance of radiation at a lower cost than an
RH processor. Transitioning to such a system might be an option if staying with
the 1750A doesn't work out.

--
Jeff Carter
"Since I strongly believe that overpopulation is by