From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: GNAT GPL 2016 Editor Bugs?
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:38:16 +0200
Date: 2016-06-08T18:38:16+02:00	[thread overview]

On 2016-06-08 15:36, gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com wrote:
> Jumping on the bandwagon...
>
> My top non-bugs (but annoyances) with GPS - overall excellent of course - are:
>
> - "Select on Match" option in the Find/Replace box (checked by
> default it seems). When you want to find the next occurrence by
> pressing the Return key, it erases the selected text instead. It took
> me a while discovering it was not a GPS bug but a matter of
> unchecking that option...
 >
> - No easy way for indent / unindent a selection with a single key or some ctrl-key

Same for comment/uncomment. There are hot keys for, but only comment hot
key works.

> - The little delay between the keypress for compiling or building,
> andthe actual invocation of gcc. AdaGIDE seems significantly quicker for
> that. Of course gcc is slow in its turn, but it is another topic...

- Compile warnings shown first. Must be after all severe errors.

- Same for the "missing body" error, it must be shown last among all errors.

- In a split view, when multiple source file tabs are visible, the
source file with errors pops in the current tab. This is extremely
annoying. It must be some other tab.

- Docked debug tabs. They somehow alwyas pop in wrong places, like above
or right of source file tabs.

> Something else: is there a "find next" key ?

I prefer to walk through the list of found items rather than navigate
using keys. IMO find/replace must be a docked tab with entries for
search and the list of found items in the same tab instead of a popup
window + locations tab. There should be no popups at all.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov