From: nasser@apldbio.com (Nasser Abbasi)
To: nasser@apldbio.com (Nasser Abbasi)
Subject: Re: Ada and C++ asserts.
Date: 1996/07/15
Date: 1996-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

   From: nasser@apldbio.com (Nasser Abbasi)

ref (me): calling assert from C++ generates core dump, but
          not from Ada.

Someone just pointed out to me that C/C++ assert can generate
a core dump, and this is an expected behaviour.

So, It seems there is nothing wrong with the C++ program,
it core dumps becuase this is what it is supposed to do.

I think this is not natural behaviour, but since it is
documented like this, one can't argue with it.

Nasser

--
Nasser Abbasi. C/C++/Ada Solaris. GeneAssist - A client/server application
for Nucleic acid and protein sequence search and analysis.