From: nasser@apldbio.com (Nasser Abbasi)
To: Strategies SA <100747.2001@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Looking for calc. package in Ada
Date: 1996/06/27
Date: 1996-06-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

   From: Strategies SA <100747.2001@CompuServe.COM>
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
   Date: 25 Jun 1996 17:34:54 GMT

   Hello
   I'm looking for a package looking like :

   package CALCULATOR is
      procedure STORE_VARIABLE is (NAME : STRING;
				   VALUE : FLOAT);

      function CALCULATE (EXPRESSION : STRING)
	   return FLOAT;
   end CALCULATOR;

   ..snip..

you might want to look at the Beitz calculator package, one of the
ARA Ada contest programs, I dont know if it does what you want, but
you might be abe to steal some code or idea from it. this is the
main line of it: (it is a Xwindows Ada application)
ps. the programs are located in  ftp://ocsystems.com/pub/ara-contest/2.

with Value.Input.X_GUI;

procedure XAdaCalc is

    --| OVERVIEW
    --|
    --| This is the main procedure for the AdaCalculator.
    --|
    --| IMPLEMENTATION
    --|
    --| 1. call the creation routine for the GUI (a complex of buttons, mostly)
    --| 2. run
    --| 3. wait for the TurnOffCalculator exception

begin
    Value.Input.X_GUI.Create_Calculator;
    Value.Input.X_GUI.Run_Calculator;
exception
    when Value.Input.X_GUI.Turn_Calculator_Off => null;
end XAdaCalc;
--
Nasser Abbasi. C/C++/Ada Solaris. GeneAssist - A client/server application
for Nucleic acid and protein sequence search and analysis.