From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: GPS Now Failing with Windows 10
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:55:06 -0500
Date: 2016-04-15T16:55:06-05:00	[thread overview]

"Eryndlia Mavourneen" <eryndlia@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:68b1b675-94be-4ca1-a183-0539ab8f775f@googlegroups.com...
>I am using the Windows 10 Home Insider Preview; however, I have not been
>able to
>upgrade for 2-3 months:  When I upgrade, Windows crashes shortly after I
>log in.  I then
>have to go back to my current version.

I would worry about this rather than worrying about GPS or any of your other
software. If your Windows is somehow damaged such that it cannot upgrade,
that can cause other, weird effects on any installed software.

I certainly would try to figure out the cause of the upgrade problems before
I did much else, as one possibility is malware. (Indeed, I'd seriously
consider wiping the system and doing a clean install if I couldn't fix the
update problems.)

And depending on what you're using the system for, switching to Linux might
be a better choice anyway. For Ada development and basic tasks like browsing
and word processing, Linux works just as well as Windows and doesn't break
as much once you get it working. (No forced obsolence, for one thing.)

                                      Randy.