From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: How to find the type of operating system.
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 16:41:31 -0500
Date: 2016-04-06T16:41:31-05:00	[thread overview]

"ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl> wrote in message
news:57053167$0$4216$e4fe514c@news.kpn.nl...
> How can I fin in which operating system a program runs and other details
> of that operating system.

Ada has System.System_Name provides an implementation-defined indication of
the name of the target, but that often isn't set in any useful way. (Dunno
what GNAT does with it, if anything.)

So I would say that essentially Ada provides no such information. Of course,
individual Ada packages provide some information about the target system
(System.Tick which gives info about Calendar.Time, various functions in
Ada.Directories give info about the file system, etc.)

                                     Randy.