From: "G.B." <bauhaus@futureapps.invalid>
Subject: Re: Ideas for a poor man's robust/efficient server setup
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:28:50 +0100
Date: 2016-03-18T11:28:50+01:00	[thread overview]

On 17.03.16 20:34, Olivier Henley wrote:
> -	Should I move away from MySQL? What are my options using Ada and Gnoga? NoSQL, persistent objects?

The physical data management layer of the model should reflect
properties of data objects and their relations (use cases),
I think. If items and their properties need to be related
in many directions, if they become part of "statistical"
algorithms (sums, comparisons to others, to results or
prior computations, ...) then NoSQL or any other ad-hoc or
minimalistic data layer can make your programs become a rather
burdensome, expensive re-invention of the wheel. It is not
efficient at all when tackling cases not made for "simplistic"
data storage.
  BTDT, I hope I never need to go there again.