From: van-bc!ubc-cs!newsserver.sfu.ca!fraser.sfu.ca!naran@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU   (Travers Naran)
Subject: Re: ADA compiler for the Amiga?
Date: 15 Jan 92 17:06:21 GMT	[thread overview]

.

>Whoa! A little perspective here. I think your info is outdated. True, there
>are no Amiga compilers, but academic pricing for PC compilers is ~$100.
>See Rich Pattis' recent post giving a survey of academic prices.

Sorry, but I missed it. But that is _VERY_ good news to hear! :-)
The reason being that Amiga software prices tend to be a lot cheaper than the I
BM
prices so I might be able to afford an Ada compiler. I got a hold of the origin
al
'tutorial' manual that was a prelude to the standards document (A thick sucker)
. The
mere specifications of the language and the constructs got me extremely excited
.
Inherited generic objects! Operator/Function overloading! The list goes on!! :-
)

Travers Naran						| "I am NOT a merry
Mail address: naran@fraser.sfu.ca or naran@sfu.ca       |  man!"
Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada	|    Lt. Worf,
Cmpt. Science student wanna-be				|    ST:TNG, "Q-pid"
Trekker, Leaper, Red Dwarf'er, Prober, etc.		|