From: "G.B." <bauhaus@futureapps.invalid>
Subject: Re: Sending HTML e-mails
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 17:52:20 +0100
Date: 2016-01-28T17:52:20+01:00	[thread overview]

On 28.01.16 04:22, John Smith wrote:
> On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 4:37:28 AM UTC-5, Georg Bauhaus wrote:
>> On 24.01.16 05:24, John Smith wrote:
>>> So, I have this question.  How can I create a plain table in HTML and then send it out?
>>
>> Set the MIME type header accordingly.
>>
>> --
>> "HOTDOGS ARE NOT BOOKMARKS"
>> Springfield Elementary teaching staff
>
> It seems that I have started two threads at the same time by accident.
>
> I'm curious, which header should I set?  I've looked over AWS.MIME and tried setting a Data object which is generated by AWS.Response.Build(), but this has not been very fruitful.

I think the response given by Dennis Lee Bieber had some good hints.
A function I found around here has

    Result : AWS.Attachments.List;

and then produces a list of attachments to be the mail body.
It includes these statements:

          Result.Add
            (Name => "SpecificInfo",
             Data => Value (Data => Raw_Input,  --  yes, raw
                            Encode => Base64,
                            Content_Type =>
                              AWS.MIME.Text_Plain & "; charset=UTF-8"));
          Result.Add
            (Name => "GenericInfo",
             Data => Value (Data => Generic_Info,
                            Encode => Base64,
                            Content_Type =>
                              AWS.MIME.Text_Plain & "; charset=UTF-8"));

This may explain some headers, I think, even though that's going to be
a MIME message. Last time I needed to send HTML-only mail was in Perl,
so I don't have this handy for Ada.

(HTML-only mail is certainly what many marketeers seem to want.
The assumption is that HTML gets them better links, with tracking
not too visible. The mail show information before the user has
clicked on some teaser that makes him or her a subject of user
research at the sender's web site. Also, HTML-only mail can rely
on colorful, graphical design as one of the classical
means of persuasion. (Javascript programs would be added, too, if
recipients were ever to start accepting that again in eMail, and
if mail filters wouldn't mark these as spam.))