From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: text_io.Put_line behaviour on failure
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:57:04 -0700
Date: 2015-12-04T11:57:04-07:00	[thread overview]

On 12/04/2015 07:43 AM, pettylarsony@gmail.com wrote:
> Having searched the ADA documentation and goolged extensively I cannot find
> any definition of how this function behaves under a failure condition or even
> if it can fail.

The language is named for a woman named Ada. It is not an acronym.

The behavior of Put_Line is defined in ARM Annex A. I/O error handling is
defined in ARM A.13:

http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/standards/12rm/html/RM-A-13.html

Some of this is, of course, implementation dependent, and you'd need to refer to
the documentation required under "Documentation Requirements" to see how your
implementation handles specific cases. I'd expect Use_Error to be raised for the
examples you cited.

--
Jeff Carter
"Well, a gala day is enough for me. I don't think