From: "J-P. Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr>
Subject: Re: How to merge multiple compilation units into a compilation unit.
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 23:09:10 +0200
Date: 2015-10-24T23:09:10+02:00	[thread overview]

Le 24/10/2015 05:18, Bo Wang a écrit :
> Perhaps "merge" is vague. I want to create a new compilation unit
> that acts as same as the original two compilation units, so that I
> can use the new compilation unit to replace the original two
> compilation units.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying two do. In Ada, a
"compilation unit" is either a package spec, a package body, a
subprogram... What kind of compilation units are you trying to merge?
And what would be the benefit of doing so?

A landmark of good design is that each package should be strongly
coherent and weakly coupled, i.e. it should correspond to /all/ of /one/
thing. You can't keep this if you merge two packages...

> When a target program is small-scaled, I can
> create the new compilation unit manually, however, for a large target
> program that has massive compilation units, the manual process is
> impossible. Does there exist a tool that implements this function
> automatically.
I doubt it, because I see no point in doing that (or I misunderstood
what you mean by compilation unit, if not in the Ada sense).

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog