* I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
@ 2015-08-06 15:12 Sevenx Wasly
From: Sevenx Wasly @ 2015-08-06 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

"programming in ada 2012" have none sell in China.

I love this book and I love Ada.

Could you please share me the ebook, many thanks my gold.

my email: fuxpro@126.com

* Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
@ 2015-08-06 15:23 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2015-08-06 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:12:45 AM UTC-7, Sevenx Wasly wrote:
> "programming in ada 2012" have none sell in China.
>
> I love this book and I love Ada.
> Could you please share me the ebook, many thanks my gold.

Can you buy online from Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Ada-2012-John-Barnes-ebook/dp/B00JXIIGMO, over there?

Anh Vo

* Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
@ 2015-08-07  9:17   ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2015-08-07  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:23:54 -0700, Anh Vo wrote:

> On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:12:45 AM UTC-7, Sevenx Wasly wrote:
>> "programming in ada 2012" have none sell in China.
>>
>> I love this book and I love Ada.
>> Could you please share me the ebook, many thanks my gold.
>
> Can you buy online from Amazon,
> http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Ada-2012-John-Barnes-ebook/dp/
B00JXIIGMO,
> over there?

Possibly not for the ebook version. If I follow that link (in the UK),
Amazon informs me that my ereader is registered to amazon.co.uk, and
offers to redirect me to the local site, which might not make the book
available (though for this book, the UK site does it).

This stumped me in an attempt to "buy as a gift" for someone with an
ereader registered in the US! Neither the UK nor the US site would let
me... or perhaps the process was too obscure for anyone over the age of
ten.

Sadly, DRM has reached the point where it is easier to buy and ship paper
and physical goods globally than electronic information.

-- Brian

* Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
@ 2015-08-07  9:45     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2015-08-07  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 09:17:51 +0000 (UTC), Brian Drummond wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:23:54 -0700, Anh Vo wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:12:45 AM UTC-7, Sevenx Wasly wrote:
>>> "programming in ada 2012" have none sell in China.
>>>
>>> I love this book and I love Ada.
>>> Could you please share me the ebook, many thanks my gold.
>>
>> Can you buy online from Amazon,
>> http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Ada-2012-John-Barnes-ebook/dp/
> B00JXIIGMO,
>> over there?
>
> Possibly not for the ebook version. If I follow that link (in the UK),
> Amazon informs me that my ereader is registered to amazon.co.uk, and
> offers to redirect me to the local site, which might not make the book
> available (though for this book, the UK site does it).
>
> This stumped me in an attempt to "buy as a gift" for someone with an
> ereader registered in the US! Neither the UK nor the US site would let
> me... or perhaps the process was too obscure for anyone over the age of
> ten.
>
> Sadly, DRM has reached the point where it is easier to buy and ship paper
> and physical goods globally than electronic information.

It is quite simple to remove DRM from Kindle books, who trusts Amazon
keeping them available when your Kindle die?

I agree it is plain stupid. The same is with Steam. Their recent fiasco was
censoring games sold in Germany. People tried to get uncut versions
elsewhere without much success. So they just go to for pirated US and UK
copies.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
@ 2015-08-07 10:06     ` G.B.
From: G.B. @ 2015-08-07 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07.08.15 11:17, Brian Drummond wrote:

> Sadly, DRM has reached the point where it is easier to buy and ship paper
> and physical goods globally than electronic information.

Interestingly, it is not so much the DRM, I think; some publishers
of eBooks are fine with just watermarks added to the books, or some
visible identification of the license owner (e.g. Springer). But,
seemingly, the customer transparency now built into eBook readers
is what interests some sales people so much that they finally
started to be in favor of eBooks: these are now made to provide
them with data good for arguing Big Data. Which has a big crowd,
and (the perception of) big money.

Why don't authors publish via some better print-on-demand service?

* Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
@ 2015-08-07 16:26       ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2015-08-07 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 4:06:37 AM UTC-6, G.B. wrote:

> Why don't authors publish via some better print-on-demand service?

Which print-on-demand services would you recommend?

* Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
@ 2015-08-11 11:19         ` G.B.
From: G.B. @ 2015-08-11 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07.08.15 18:26, Shark8 wrote:
> On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 4:06:37 AM UTC-6, G.B. wrote:
>>
>> Why don't authors publish via some better print-on-demand service?
>
> Which print-on-demand services would you recommend?

It is a while ago that I had learned about options, mostly as a buyer
and as an observer. It appears that printers-turned-publishers
have ideas about authors' rights, and sales. OTOH, anyone selling
software could just as well sell eBooks, or even Books: accounting
and handling taxes shouldn't be difficult for tax advisers. Only
if you wanted books to be sold by shops that have subscribed to
the ISBN business, corresponding effort is needed, TTBOMK.

Also, some publishers (e.g. Hackett, maybe Artima) seem to rely on
some on-demand printer's shop; this at least will prove existence.

An eBook from lulu was fine (PDF), and I take it that
whether you want a collection of wedding photos as a book,
or black and white drawings and text on a technical subject,
both can be had almost everywhere.