From: "G.B." <bauhaus@futureapps.invalid>
Subject: Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:19:38 +0200
Date: 2015-08-11T13:19:38+02:00	[thread overview]

On 07.08.15 18:26, Shark8 wrote:
> On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 4:06:37 AM UTC-6, G.B. wrote:
>>
>> Why don't authors publish via some better print-on-demand service?
>
> Which print-on-demand services would you recommend?

It is a while ago that I had learned about options, mostly as a buyer
and as an observer. It appears that printers-turned-publishers
have ideas about authors' rights, and sales. OTOH, anyone selling
software could just as well sell eBooks, or even Books: accounting
and handling taxes shouldn't be difficult for tax advisers. Only
if you wanted books to be sold by shops that have subscribed to
the ISBN business, corresponding effort is needed, TTBOMK.

Also, some publishers (e.g. Hackett, maybe Artima) seem to rely on
some on-demand printer's shop; this at least will prove existence.

An eBook from lulu was fine (PDF), and I take it that
whether you want a collection of wedding photos as a book,
or black and white drawings and text on a technical subject,
both can be had almost everywhere.