From: "G.B." <bauhaus@futureapps.invalid>
Subject: Re: I am a chinese student, I am looking forword for "programming in ada 2012 " ebook, help me
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 12:06:36 +0200
Date: 2015-08-07T12:06:36+02:00	[thread overview]

On 07.08.15 11:17, Brian Drummond wrote:

> Sadly, DRM has reached the point where it is easier to buy and ship paper
> and physical goods globally than electronic information.

Interestingly, it is not so much the DRM, I think; some publishers
of eBooks are fine with just watermarks added to the books, or some
visible identification of the license owner (e.g. Springer). But,
seemingly, the customer transparency now built into eBook readers
is what interests some sales people so much that they finally
started to be in favor of eBooks: these are now made to provide
them with data good for arguing Big Data. Which has a big crowd,
and (the perception of) big money.

Why don't authors publish via some better print-on-demand service?