From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Why does `Unchecked_Deallocation` need the access type?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:47:15 -0500
Date: 2015-07-29T15:47:15-05:00	[thread overview]

news:mu2l292s5nlq$.1ag4nqmfs3kyl$.dlg@40tude.net...
> Of course nobody should ever declare non-primitive operations defined on
> the parent type. And doing that in the public scope is almost a criminal
> offense.

I agree this is not a realistic example. But it's possible, and it's the
sort of problem (known as a "Bairdian problem" within the ARG, in honor of
Steve Baird, who has an uncanny ability to come up with these weird examples
that kill otherwise appealing ideas) that causes no end of trouble when
defining new features for Ada, as they have to be addressed somehow.

It would be more realistic in a public child package, but even there your
point would hold.

                         Randy.

P.S. 'Public_Parent probably would have worked. Not sure why we didn't go
that way, maybe it didn't work for delegation. And both attributes are
annoying when there is no parent, as in:

    type P is tagged private;

as they have to be illegal in that case, causing generic contract problems.
All solvable, but continually getting messier.