* Question about the package "Strings_Edit"
@ 2015-07-22  8:23 Laurent
From: Laurent @ 2015-07-22  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I found the package Strings_Edit while trying to find a Trim function to get rid of the leading space of 'Img

This package looks great. I saw in the comments that it should? have an image function that doesn't generate a leading space. But it  looks like it is not implemented, so is this package not finished or is it obsolete?

Playing around with Gnoga:

My_View.Put (Item.C2'Img);

I didn't find an Put in Gnoga that accepts integers. So I have to convert C2 which is an integer, to string.

Or I didn't search long enough.

Thanks

Laurent

* Re: Question about the package "Strings_Edit"
@ 2015-07-22  8:53 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2015-07-22  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 01:23:19 -0700 (PDT), Laurent wrote:

> I found the package Strings_Edit while trying to find a Trim function to
> get rid of the leading space of 'Img
>
> This package looks great. I saw in the comments that it should? have an
> image function that doesn't generate a leading space. But it  looks like
> it is not implemented, so is this package not finished or is it obsolete?

Of course it is implemented. See

   http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/strings_edit.htm#5

Strings_Edit.Integer is an instance of with the Integer type.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Question about the package "Strings_Edit"
@ 2015-07-22 12:03   ` Laurent
From: Laurent @ 2015-07-22 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry. Didn't know that there is specific package for integers. I only discovered this package while searching for "Trim". It is only after posting my original message that I discovered that it is part of your Simple_Components and it is via Gnoga that I get access to it.

Thought (/=knowing) that it was part of gnat.

But thanks. Will take a closer look at simple_components. There are probably much more interesting things inside.

@ 2015-07-22 17:24 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2015-07-22 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/22/2015 01:23 AM, Laurent wrote:

> I found the package Strings_Edit while trying to find a Trim function to get rid of the leading space of 'Img

First place to look is the standard Ada library, described in the ARM Annex A

http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/standards/12rm/html/RM-A.html

You'll find pkg Ada.Strings.Fixed, which contains Trim, among many other useful
operations.

http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/standards/12rm/html/RM-A-4-3.html

--
Jeff Carter
"Sir Robin the not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Lancelot,