From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: GNAT stuck, any idea on how to diagnose it?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:25:19 +0200
Date: 2014-09-15T09:25:19+02:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:45:16 +0000 (UTC), anon@att.net wrote:

> One explanation is in translating Ada into the "GCC IR" code the
> "gigi" may use or alter the code that makes it difficult for the
> GCC optimization to process.

Interesting.

My impression based on how I dealt with the problem was that it was not the
compiler or the code generator which grabbed memory. Maybe it was the
symbols cross reference and other stuff that helped generating error
messages and prompts. For example, making a separate body or splitting off
a child package does not help. I seems that it must be a distance of two or
more packages apart from the offending body. So my wild guess was that GNAT
grabbed all symbols from all packages at the distance 1, even from the
invisible ones and their bodies or ones referenced from the bodies to make
suggestions on an error, but did not do that for the packages at the
distance 2.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov